Thursday 29 May 2008

Song thrush



Strictly speaking,the first photo isn't a sky picture but it led to the second
one so I'm including it. I saw the song thrush landing on the fence so I crept out
with my camera and tried to get his picture, but of course,just as I was getting
near enough,he flew off! However,he took pity on me and flew back.
Unfortunately,I couldn't persuade him to show his best side, which, of course,
is the breast,which is a beautiful mottled shade of browns and yellows. However,
I then noticed a bird flying overhead so I took his picture as well! I did ask him
to slow down but I don't think he heard me!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Nice photograph and interesting read.

Daniel J Santos said...

Great sky watch, great picture.

Michele said...

This is a great post and I liked how you worked into the sky with the Thrush... well done.
Rocky Mountain Retreat

imac said...

Nice shots.

Pop and see my Water features

Anne said...

Nice watch.

Nice weekend to you, from Anne in the middle of Norway.

Voz do meu Coração said...

Simply wonderful these photos, very beautiful. Congratulations

Texas Travelers said...

There are not many better than the song of the thrush.
Great post.

Our sky is heating up.
Come visit,
Troy and Martha

EG CameraGirl said...

Hahaha! I've noticed birds have a habit of "doing their own thing." Sorry the one didn't slow down, but at least th other came back!

Tom said...

I wonder what the bigger bird was... see it is fun to be sky watching.. you never know what you might see.

***Fotografia e Luz*** said...

very beautiful pictures

FO - 2 said...

They never do.... ;)
Love your post! :)
Love
Ida

SandyCarlson said...

That's a great shot. Nice to follow this bird with you!

Unknown said...

Very nice!
Happy friday.

Chrissy said...

Nice photos! Lovely bird.

Suzanne said...

Great photo, I like the fluffy clouds on the post below as well.

mercè said...

Thi's a airport for a birds !
It was very, very beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting read and pic!